Plano Video Goes Viral as Unverified Claims Spread Online

By R.J. Morales | TX3DNews

A 17 second video filmed in Plano drew more than 2.5 million views last week after being widely shared across social media with additional claims that were not supported by evidence.

The video shows a father walking with his young daughter to Eid prayers when he is confronted by Jake Lang, who questions his clothing and calls him an “invader.”

As the clip spread, posts added new allegations about the child, shifting how the video was interpreted online.

What Happened in the Plano Video

As the clip circulated, posts claimed the young girl was not the man’s daughter, but his wife, with some versions going further and alleging he had multiple underage wives.

As those claims spread, Context Corner tracked down the father in the video and interviewed him. He identified himself as Mohammad and described what happened from his perspective.

“It was Friday, day of Eid. I was dressed in Afghan clothing walking to the masjid,” he said. He described being told, “This is not how Americans are supposed to be dressing,” and said the comments escalated as he continued walking.

He said the person filming told him, “I have you on camera… you invaders, you are taking our country, you Muslims.”

The interview addressed the claims circulating online, including versions suggesting he had “three more little wives at home too,” which the interviewer described as untrue.

Mohammad said directly that the girl in the video is his daughter.

Real Impact on a Family

The impact extended beyond the video itself.

Mohammad said the claims spread far enough that he kept his daughter home from school out of concern for her safety.

“I am upset. This should not happen. Especially with my daughter,” he said.

He described how the situation affected her.

“She’s been asking me, ‘Dad, why you didn’t let me go to school?’ Believe me, I did not tell her what happened.”

He said his focus has remained on protecting his family.

“The biggest thing… my daughter, my kids, my family. No one is more important than them.”

He also addressed the claims circulating about his family.

“This is a big dot on my family… saying I have three or four wives and they are all underage. If you are man.. then prove it.”

After reading comments online, he said, “They hurt me so bad… that should be enough.”

A family friend interviewed in the video rejected the allegations and said he had known Mohammad and his family for years, describing him as a “good person” and disputing the claims directly saying “he is not a pedophile”.

How the Claims Continued Circulating

Even as the claims were challenged, they did not disappear. Some posts and commentary videos attempted to address the situation while still repeating them or casting doubt on Mohammad’s statement.

In one example, a podcast host addressed the misinformation but said he did not believe Mohammad’s account, while acknowledging he had no evidence to contradict it and would rely on Mohammad’s version. Those responses circulated alongside earlier versions of the claim.

The discussion around the video took place amid broader public messaging in North Texas related to Islam, Sharia law, and immigration.

That messaging has included statements from online personalities as well as local and state political figures, including a Frisco mayoral candidate and a congressional representative, raising concerns about Islam, Sharia law, and immigration in public remarks and social media posts.

Those themes have appeared in public conversations across the region, including in posts and commentary tied to the video.

After the Claims Spread

By the time responses and clarifications began to appear, the claims had already reached a wide audience.

For Mohammad, the situation moved beyond social media, affecting his family and daily routine.

He said the impact extended to his wife, who he described as traumatized by what unfolded online.

“This should not be happening in America,” he said.

His response, along with others who pushed back on the claims, became part of the same online conversation that first brought attention to the video.